- Pet blogs: Itchmo, Pet Connection, and Pet Sit USA
- Publishers experimenting with selling books by the chapter
- There can be big money in blogs
- One newspaper's list of the top 50 blogs
- One NYT blogger's views on what blogs are for
Some blogs receive "triple-digit CPMs".
March 2008 NYT article entitled "So You Want to Be a Blogging Star?" by Paul Boutin.
According to the New York Times (4/6/07), the technology blog TechCrunch earns millions in advertising. However, some bloggers are paid only ten dollars per post, and the work involves long hours and high stress.
Turning Blogs into Books
Several people are turning blogs into books. There are two key benefits of this approach: 1) the appeal of the idea is proven by the blogging audience numbers; 2) the author's work is much easier because contributors supply much of the material.
You can make money from YouTube videos.
Niche web sites/blogs are trying to make money with very low costs and highly targeted content.